Who we are
Multiauto SGPS, S.A., has headquartered at Rua Marechal Gomes da Costa 29 D, 1800-255 Lisbon, with the number of legal person no. 505.075.520, registered at the Commercial Registry Office under the same number, with a share capital of € 300,001.00 (three hundred thousand and one euros), manages the shareholding services in companies whose main activities are selling vehicles, selling parts, repair vehicles and the rental a car.
Multiauto SGPS, SA, and its subsidiaries from now how are designated
as Multiauto Group.
Which companies make up the Multiauto Group
The Multiauto Group is constituted beaside Multiauto SGPS, SA, by the subsidiaries, Evoracar, SA, Maxicar, SA, Motorex, Lda., Multiauto, SA, Multiauto Rent, SA and Garagem Lopes, SA, which represent the brands Audi, Dacia , Peugeot, Renault and Volkswagen through a vast Network of Dealers and Authorized Repairers present in 7 locations with 12 points of sale and 14 after-sales units. It also owns a Rent-a-Car company, with a significant presence in the Lisbon market.
As from 25 May 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data entered into force is applicable as of May 25, 2018. This regulation aims to strengthen the security and control of your personal data.
The Multiauto Group intends to keep in touch with you to inform you of the news commercialized by our companies, in compliance with the legal norms and privacy of your personal data.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
Multiauto SGPS, S.A., is the Holding Company of the Multiauto Group, and is the entity responsible for processing the data of all Group companies and undertakes the commitment that the processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the Law.
What Personal Data can be collected
The personal data collected by the Multiauto Group refer to your name, your postal address, your email address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your civil identification number, your number of the taxpayer, the make, the model, the plate number, the registration date, the inspection date and the kilometers of your vehicle.
What are the Purposes of the processing of your personal data
Under the RGPD, the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data.
Multiauto Group companies, where you have purchased your car, purchased spare parts, contracted maintenance or repair services for your vehicle, or rented a car, only deal with your personal data in the following situations:
A - FOLLOWING LEGITIMATE INTERESTS, in particular to develop their products, services and to improve the quality of service provided, such as:
- Marketing and communication campaigns for products and services;
- Management and loyalty of clients by conducting satisfaction surveys in the area of vehicle acquisition or assistance services, claims management, statistics, analysis of consumer profiles, among others.
B-COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL OBLIGATIONS:
- Respond to requests for information in legal proceedings or requests from administrative authorities or other third parties to detect and prevent fraud or to protect your interests or third parties.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS:
- Provide assistance services to the customers, which includes the registration of acquired vehicles, among others;
- To respond to the requests of clients, namely answering their questions or complaints;
- After-sales service;
- Perform product field actions.
D - TO MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS
Your personal data are further processed when you have given your prior and express consent for the following purposes:
- Carrying out comparative analyzes and commercial segmentation of customers, based on the treatment of historic information, of the vehicle and the use of the brand's services, so as to know or anticipate their needs in order to present personalized promotional campaigns.
With whom we share your personal information
The Multiauto Group transmits its data to the following entities, group companies, the representatives in Portugal of the brands of the new vehicles acquired by you and the respective manufacturers, to financial entities in case you wish to contract a financing or a insurance through our credit intermediaries, to tax, customs or other entities, when dealing with procedures relating to the allocation of tax benefits, destruction of end-of-life vehicles or similar.
Outside these contexts, we will not transmit your personal information, except with your express consent.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal data for a period of 10 years, a term we deem necessary and appropriate for the purposes for which it is intended and which corresponds to the period of custody of accounting documents.
What are your rights as holder of your personal data
As holder of your personal data, Grupo Multiauto guarantees you at any time and without any cost the right to:
- Access the data you have indicated.
- Ask for rectification of your data.
- The right to request to delete your data.
- Ask for the limitation of the processing of your data.
- To oppose to the processing of your data.
- Request the portability of your data to an entity indicated by you.
These rights may be exercised by the following channels:
- E-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Letter addressed to Multiauto SGPS, S.A., Avenida Marechal Gomes da Costa 29 D, 1800-255
Lisbon, to the attention of the Marketing Department.
However, if there is a legally imposed rule or obligation that overrides these rights, Grupo Multiauto will respond to the impossibility of executing the request, stating the respective basis.
If you believe that your data is not being processed in accordance with applicable law, namely European and national law, you may at any time make a complaint to us or to the National Data Protection Supervision Authority - CNPD - Rua de São Bento, nº 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisboa.